Choosing the right storage facility
Choosing the right storage facility for your needs
No two public storage facilities are created equally and finding the right fit for your personal belongings can take some time. Because you are entrusting your household valuables or business storage items to the care of a third-party company, it is a good idea to run through a checklist of features to ensure that you are comfortable with your choice and to find the best value for your money
- Step 1: Search the internet for available household storage & business commercial storage facilities in your area or near you, depending on your needs. By accessing a comprehensive list of self storage units and using that as a platform for learning more, you can considerably cut down on your search time.
- Step 2: Choose what type of Storage unit you want. Do you want an indoor or outdoor storage unit? Is it important to be able to back your vehicle right up to the door to unload? or are you willing to transfer your belongings via a trolley? How important is video or on-site security? Is this safe and convenient storage? If possible, make a list of your ideal storage facility features and try to find one that matches your must-haves for your business commercial storage or household storage.
- Step 3: Determine how much extra space you need. The number one factor that will influence the cost of your storage unit is what size you will need. Try to figure out the square footage (taking into account stackability), you will need not only for your belongings right now, but what you might also need extra space in the future. This will save you from having to reserve and use a moving service to move to a new storage unit
- Step 4: Find a convenient location. If you want to be able to access your storage container quickly and easily, choose one near your home or place of employment. If you are willing to drive further out, you may be able to save on self storage facility costs.
- Step 5: Discuss with the manager and/ or staff about a storage unit for your needs. One of the best ways to know for sure if you will be happy too accommodate a storage facility is by talking with the staff. Ask questions and gauge their responses. See for yourself if they put customer service high on the list of priorities. If you feel comfortable with the people who run the facility, you will feel much better about the safety of your personal effects in the long run.
Once you make your self-storage facility choice, you will also want to consider additional features. Storage unit insurance can be a great way to keep your items safe for the long term. Choosing a secure, safe and convenient storage unit lock can also provide peace of mind. You might also want a facility that offers moving boxes and packing material. These small features can make a big difference in the end.
What kinds of things do you look for in a storage unit? If you are choosing between a few great choices, what additional services will entice you to make your final decision.