Are you renovating, down-scaling, traveling, need extra space, is your business expanding, looking for business commercial storage, are you relocating, moving house? We can give you the space you need. We rent public storage space out on a month-to-month short-term basis or longer-term leases at affordable rates. The more you store, the less you pay. Talk to us. Individuals looking to store their extra items or businesses who need to store excess inventory or archived records can find what they are looking for at Apple Storage Solutions.
Affordable Storage Space Solutions
If affordable storage space is what you want, then we are your space enabler. We are purveyors of space. Let us try to accommodate needs in a professional manner. As a public storage company, we are experienced in dealing with the needs of both private and corporate clients. We can provide managed safe and convenient storage solutions, for stock and equipment.
So, whether you are moving home, looking for household storage, a student between terms, a large company or a small one for that matter, a production house needing to reserve storage space for all the props, or you are overwhelmed with archiving paperwork, let us help you resolve this quick and easy. Should you have valuables, that need a safe and convenient storage place when you are on holiday or is your business expanding to such an extent that it is running out of space, than afford us the opportunity to rap our space around your headache, easy-peasy. We can supply you with all the space you need. We will find you a self storage solution all day long, or as we prefer it, monthly.
Easy Access Storage
Easy access storage conveniently and centrally situated in Randburg, near the N1 highway of Malibongwe Drive, at 517 West Avenue.
We offer our clients peace of mind, knowing that your belongings can be stored in our highly secured facility, safe under the watchful eye of our 24-hour armed response service and up to, date top-end security systems. This includes high-end video monitoring, multiple beam systems, full electrical fence, locked secure gates, log book sign in and above all 24-hour manned presence on site. At night you can sleep peacefully knowing that our floodlights are shining brightly to secure your goods.
Remember to inform your insurance with regards to the new premises where the contents will be kept with all our security measures.
Our well-presented management will assist you at every step of the way. Our staff is friendly, knowledgeable and ready to answer all your storage questions, from packaging to Tetris-like packing to maximize space utilization. Our ground staff is there to help and assist you with your physical needs.
Public storage has never been so easy. Just follow our 4 simple steps.
How it works at Apple Storage
Booking storage space
Once you have decided on the cubic meters of space you would require (should you not know, don’t panic we are there to help you) we will allocate you the correct amount of units with the right full units numbers for your convenience. So there, reservation taken care of, once you have dialed 083 326 7477 or 071 831 9357. you can reserve a storage unit for your needs. Simply tell us how many items you want to store and how long you want to stay with us, Bob’s your uncle.
You can even order packing materials through us should you need them. Or if you have packed already, let’s get going.
Packaging for Storage
A smart tip is to make a list of the items you plan to pack for storage and have that numerically numbered to the box so that in the future should you need to retrieve any items whether home or business you can do so without disrupting the entire apple cart. Try and keep relevant sizes equal for ease of packing. Use space fillers ie old newspapers, bubble wrap, styrene chips to secure your items. Make note of the particularly fragile items. The idea is to fill your boxes as much as you can so weight will be evenly distributed when stacking the boxes in your new self-storage unit. Half-filled boxes tend to buckle under the weight, so pack them last. Also remember that heavy items like tools and books need to go in smaller boxes, for easy lifting and pack them at the bottom for weight bearing. Try and think which items will you least use and pack them at the back, I know this is obvious but it those easy little things we tend to forget. Maybe stick the noted piece of paper of content of the box, on the other side of the box. Walla
This will make items much easier to find in your self storage unit and also gives you a better idea as to the overall worth of the items you are storing, and this will make your insurance specifications and content itemization so much easier. Remember to keep a copy of all this information safe at home. Finally, clean all appliances and make sure any moving parts are covered with paper and wedged in securely, as not to move around causing damage. While appliances are being moved make sure they are taped shut i.e. fridge doors and cupboard draws in fact, anything that open and shuts including your neighbour’s mouth. Pick up some masking tape from your local hardware store or ask us for some. Our pricing is competitive. So there you go! You now are deserving of Packing Wizard status. And if you need a refresher course, just ask your Apple Storage professional for tips on Storing with us.
Move into your storage unit
Bring your belongings to the storage park with your moving service, meet our site manager and sign your contract.
You can purchase a lock on site, should it have slipped your mind when you arrived here. This way, you hold the only key to your goods. With the help of our experienced ground staff, we can help you pack your storage units efficiently.
You know what it is like to keep a beautiful household clean – nicely placed items can make all the difference. Avoiding clutter may top your list. Self storage is a great way to free up extra space at home or your business. It also helps when you are downsizing and making sure that your belongings are stored away, using the appropriate process and the perfect packing materials. Apple Storage prides itself on providing the correct unit for your needs. Now all you need to know is what you want to fill that self storage unit with, here you are on your own or at least until you have informed us, then we are a team again.
If you are a parent, you are all too well aware of dealing with clothing and toys strewn around a room. Finding specific items can be the ultimate challenge. The same problem exists for people trying to find items in a self storage unit if everything is packed willy-nilly with no sense of order. With that in mind, unless your unit is small, you will want to establish a center aisle with items on either side.
Common sense and state laws determine what may be stored in a self storage unit. You alone control access to your storage space; therefore, never store live animals, perishables, liquids, explosives, flammable liquids and fuels, toxic materials, or other items that need a controlled environment or a license. Are you storing a vacuum cleaner? Remember to empty out any food you may have vacuumed up. How about scented candles? Put them in a sealed plastic storage container. Fuel should be removed from lawn mowers before they go into storage, too.
If you are storing photos, remember to keep them as flat as possible so they don’t curl – place them between two pieces of cardboard and tape the pieces together and if you are storing clothing, it will help the cause to use a wardrobe box.
Have you numbered and written on the outside of each box what is on the inside? Did you create a list on a separate piece of paper? If so, using that middle aisle to get to well-marked boxes will make it immensely easier to find what you are looking for. Likewise, it will help to store items you’ll most need to find at the front of your self storage unit.
You may want to consider stacking items on pallets to get them off the floor and provide easier access. Also, when stacking boxes, places the larger, heavier boxes on the bottom and lighter boxes as you move up. Try to fit your boxes and items as tightly as possible to allow yourself extra space.
When it comes to furniture, you should use protective covers and treat wood before storing, while also removing legs and storing tables and sofas on end to saving extra space. Refuse bins are great for storing garden equipment in self storage units.
Lock It Up
So your unit is filled nicely with room to find whatever you need. What’s left? A top-notch lock is what you need and your Apple Storage pro can help you find the perfect one to help you feel even more protected and proud of the job you just did storing your belongings.
Here are some practical self storage tips:
- Items that you require on a regular basis should probably be placed in the front of the storage area.
- Allow enough space between your items stored for easy access.
- Fill boxes or secure open spaces with scrunched up newspaper or towels, do this to avoid breakages.
- If you plan to enter your storage unit on a regular basis, moving things in and out. It would be much more convenient for you to take a ground storage unit.
- Try to keep your boxes in uniform sizes. They are much easier to stack that way.
- Storage boxes should be of a good quality for longevity, helping to protect your valuables inside the storage container.
- Check our list beforehand what items are allowed in our storage facility. There are prohibited items that storage companies by law are not allowed on their premises.
- Stand all ceramics, plates and saucers on their sides. Fill all pockets with some kind of packing material to avoid chips and damages.
- The heaviest items should be packed and placed on the bottom and lighter items on top.
- Fragile items such as glasses and kitchenware should be individually wrapped and placed near the top of well-labeled boxes with the words “Fragile” or “This way up” easily visible.
- Make sure all the household goods you are putting away into storage are washed and clean. Food crumbs or damp items should be removed before storage to avoid mildew and may attract pests.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for China, silverware and small items. Wrap these up in tablecloths, towels or blankets to prevent breakage.
- Refrigerators and freezers should be absolutely dry and before storing, to prevent damp, rust and electrical problems. The doors to these storage units should remain slightly ajar to avoid odors.
- Stoves and cooking equipment should be thoroughly cleaned before they are stored.
- To save time and space clothing and curtains can be stored on the hangers they were on in your cupboards originally. Just make sure to cover up and protect from undesired pests.
- Soft furnishings i.e. fabric and leather should have a protective layer or cover placed over the top.
- To protect the spines of your favorite books make sure to pack them flat.
- Store your mattresses standing upright.
- For insurance purposes draw up an inventory of all your stored items in case of loss.
- If you are storing for long periods, it is wise to make regular visits to the park to check on your items.
- Larger appliances make excellent packing cases for blankets, towels, tablecloths and clothes.
So, when you have something valuable but no space, remember Apple Storage. Let us give you the extra space to keep your life on track.
We strive to be the best and Apple Storage should be your choice for self storage.
For more detail, see our FAQ on our website www.applestorage.co.za
We look forward to talking with you soon!